Thursday, August 4, 2011

somebody help me, my neck hurt, my chain heavy

Partially inspired by Melanie Griffith in Something Wild, featured in my recent Louise Brooks post, but mostly inspired by my insane love affair with accessories, I celebrate the 'statement necklace' - the loud, large, heavy pieces that dominate any look. The louder, larger and heavier, the better. 

I love anything turquoise, but I adore Raquel Welch's Native American-inspired stone necklace

Even while on the run, Faye Dunaway's Bonnie never abandons style with this gold coin necklace

Anita Pallenberg has a fabulous array of baubles

Not to be outdone by anyone, Kanye West rocks a few awesome chains

Carmen Miranda never says no to strands of beads

Twiggy incorporates her dress into a necklace into watches into magical-ness

Edie Sedgwick is never less than the ultimate It-Girl with her signature style of gamine clothes and a heavy beaded necklace

Elizabeth Taylor, the queen of jewels, has some amazing pieces on display 

Judy Collins shows how strands of small beads can be made into a statement-making look

My style hero Iris Apfel

Keith Richards rocks the pirate-rocker-hot god thing really well

La pièce de résistance - Maria Felix's crocodile necklace

Title: from "Heavy" (Gucci Mane)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts